Sunday, April 7, 2019

700th Post!

Hi. If I just kept chugging along to the next issue, my 700th post would be starting to cover Jungle Comics #2, but that just doesn't seem a fitting topic for such a milestone. But neither do I have something major to declare on this milestone, for I am close to finishing none of my big writing projects (like the Advanced Hideouts & Hoodlums Mobster Manual) any time soon.

So I thought I would take a little time to look back and reflect. Over almost 4 1/2 years, I have exhaustively studied and analyzed every American comic book story I could get my hands on (virtual hands or otherwise) that came out between 1935 and February 1940. For the most part, this has served a practical purpose, making Hideouts & Hoodlums -- quite possibly -- the most thoroughly researched role-playing game on the market. If not, it is clearly the most transparent, as all my notes are laid bare for all to see.

Where do I go from here? I'm going to keep doing this, as I'm still enjoying it. Oh sure, not every story is a gem, and some are just plain awful, but ranting about them is all part of the fun. And when I see something that just amazes me, I always let you know.

What can I do differently, from here on? I'm thinking of separating out the critiques from the game notes; put the game notes at the end for those who share my interest in that, but leave the analysis that might be of broader interest up front. We'll see how well I stick to that.

Tomorrow I start reading Jungle Comics #2. Can hardly wait now!


No comments:

Post a Comment