Saturday, January 16, 2021

Miracle Comics #2 - pt. 4

Whew, I've got just a few scraps left from the bottom of this issue I'm going to make you look at, and I'm not exaggerating when I say scraps.

This is Blanda, Queen of the Jungle. I could make a bunch of "bland" jokes here, but I only wish this feature was blande. It's actually racy (Blanda is bathing nude on one page, and only her long hair conceals her nudity) and incredibly racist. I'm going to make you suffer just this one page as an example. The only thing I can recommend from this page is the tactic of pushing sacred animals in front of your enemies to keep them from attacking.


This is Dusty Doyle, the Circus Cyclone. It's almost a given that an animal is going to escape eventually in any circus story, and this time it's a gorilla. Based on this page, I think I'll remember to give gorillas an excellent skill check towards climbing.


Hmm...I would be inclined not to allow this bolo trick to work, but I actually have a similar trophy weapon in a H&H scenario I'm writing right now, so I'd better not be too quick to dismiss it. In a sense, it doesn't really matter if the bolo hits both the gorilla and the pole; as long as it hits the gorilla and entangles him, it's done its job. If there was some reason why the gorilla had to be entangled and attached to the pole, I would allow this if Dusty rolled to hit both targets and struck them with the bolo.

Did I remember to include bolos on the starting equipment list? *checks* Phew! Sure did!


The art just gets worse! I'm only making you look at this page because we haven't seen a lookout in a while, and this page suggests lookouts might be better than normal at sneak attacks. 

But what is the lookout hitting him over the head with? A chalkboard eraser??

(Scans courtesy of Digital Comic Museum.)



No comments:

Post a Comment