Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome!

This is not a typical Golden Age Comic Book blog. It will talk about Golden Age Comic Books. It will include samples of comic book art, by some of the greatest (and not so greatest) of the Golden Age’s artists. 

This blog will also be about the Hideouts & Hoodlums Comic Book Role-Playing Game. Hideouts & Hoodlums, or H&H, is a game that specifically emulates the early pre-WWII years of the comic book industry, circa 1935-1941. It can be also be used for a wider range of game play than that, but this is the period it emulates best. That is not just rhetoric; H&H was designed based on a careful reading of these stories. 

 Up until now, I’ve asked my readers to just trust me on that last point, but through this blog I’ll be sharing with you just what I’ve read and what I’ve learned from it. My hope is that you’ll learn something about the history or, and the tropes of, golden age comics, whether you plan to use them in a roleplaying game or not. Either way, enjoy what is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment